Recent significant changes in the world have impacted Europe and its real estate market, creating new challenges for real estate agents. In this highly competitive context, it has become crucial for them to differentiate from the competition in order to ensure business continuity. The main ‘ingredients’ of a successful real estate digital marketing strategy are well-known: developing a relevant online presence with an SEO-friendly website (that follows an overall SEO strategy), publishing valuable content, and leveraging appropriate social media marketing channels are some of them. This article details one of these critical elements: email marketing.
Why real estate agents need to integrate email marketing into their strategy
So, why is email marketing so relevant for you as a real estate agent? The answer is simple: it is one of the most effective marketing channels to stay top of mind, convert real estate leads into clients, (re)engage existing customers, get more listings and win more sales mandates. In digital marketing, the biggest mistake you can make is letting potential customers forget about you. Whether you own a small business or are part of one of Europe’s largest networks, the rule of thumb is to keep in touch in some way or another. Let’s delve into why email marketing is one of the best ways to do so.
Here are the main benefits of email marketing:
According to the Content Marketing Institute, nearly 9 out of 10 online marketing professionals use email marketing to distribute their content. We’re not surprised about that, as most of the best real estate agents do the same! The benefits are clear and are all applicable to the real estate industry:
- Emails are popular across all demographics – people of all ages and backgrounds check their inboxes on a regular basis.
- Email marketing is affordable compared to other marketing channels – businesses can easily get started with email marketing without spending large amounts of money.
- It is easy to measure – most email marketing tools provide you with all the essential metrics you need to track: deliverability, email open rate, click-through rate (CTR), unsubscribe rate, etc.
- It is highly personalisable as you can easily segment your audience – we’ll get to that further in this article.
- Thanks to automation possibilities, you can save some precious time, allowing you to focus on other activities. We’ll get back to that one as well.